[ale] Linux lockup issue

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Jun 16 14:42:38 EDT 2003

Chris Woodruff said:
> RE: [ale] Linux lockup issueActually I think it is a Abit motherboard
> (mine is for PIII and Celeron) and I have a Celeron 1G with it..  I have
> checked the RAM but will do another scan of it tonight.  It has a
> GForce2 video card and I am using the NVidia drivers.  I think it could
> be the RAM or else the MB.  Thanks for the help.

Chris,

I had this issue occasionally when trying to sync my Zaurus via USB with
the usbdnet.o kernel module.  Never quite figured out what caused
it...just assumed the usbdnet module was crappy (which was confirmed by a
number of users other than myself).

Anyway, what is interesting is that the machine was similar to what you
mention: Abit KA7 mb with a Geforce2.  Course, mine was an athlon and I
seriously doubt our problems are related.  I did have the same sort of
behavior though....flashing lights on the keyboard and complete system
lockup.

Good luck.

John