[ale] ssh -X won't work

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 16 12:20:12 EDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 08:29:15PM -0400, David Corbin wrote:
> I have one particular server, that I "ssh -X " to, and it won't set DISPLAY

I'll bet you a beer the permissions are wrong on your ~/.ssh directory
on the server.  Make sure the directory has permissions 0700.

I had this problem a while back.  I think you need to use very verbose
debugging on the server to detect it (sshd -d -d -d).

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9