[ale] OT: windoze hand guns

John Marasco jemarasco at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 12 20:15:19 EDT 2003

Since this will not go away...

The Bill of Rights gives you as much right to own hand guns as it does to
own a 50 cal, tanks, artillery, F15s, nuclear weapons and anthrax.  You
aren't talking about the 2nd amendment, your talking about some peoples view
of what the 2nd Amendment applies to, not what the words say (unless you are
for the legalization of all arms).

For every self defense related shooting ("He was going to steal my drugs!")
there are 1.2 unintentional shootings.

Most self defense related shootings are in the home.  What idiot would pick
up their biometric pistol when their shotgun is right next to it (law
applies to pistols only, right)?  Maybe they deserve to die.

The false rejection rate for fingerprint biometrics ranges from 1% to 10% in
clean conditions.  How many law abiding citizens are out working in the yard
or on the car with their biometric pistol handy?  Use legitimate numbers.

The same criteria cited that would make guns reject legal users would apply
at rates 10-20 times higher for criminals plus the difficulty of stealing a
gun and a fingerprint to match.

Gelatin, not Jell-O.  Try holding, aiming and shooting a gun while holding a
cube of Jell-O up to the stock.  Don't forget that there is probably an 80%
chance that the gun will fail this way so you might have to do it several
times.  I hope the target is cooperative.  Maybe he deserves to die?  Try
eating gelatin, yuck... :p

Exceptions for police?  I doubt law makers missed that one.

What law are you guys talking about, there is nothing on the NRA site about
it.

Finally, why would they use Windows CE?  I thought gun nuts were smarter
than the rest of us?