[ale] mapping UIDs with NFS

trey tdarley at aiscomputers.com
Thu Jun 12 17:42:21 EDT 2003

When I've had situations like this I usually choose one username-uid
mapping and write a script to rearrange the perms and ownership on the
other boxes to fit. It's not very elegant, but on a smaller scale (call
me lazy) it was easier than deploying NIS.

Try some variation on 'find / -user 666 -exec chown 777 {} \;' Stick it
in a foreach loop and you're golden

--Trey

Trey "What happened to margarita Thursdays?" Darley
AIS Computers - www.aiscomputers.com
165 Carnegie Place
Fayetteville, GA 30214
Work: 770.461.2147, ext. 128
Mobile: 404.455.1516

[Please note that the opinions I express are not to be in any way
construed as those of AIS, unless that is expressly stated.]