[ale] SSL Homepage

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 11 16:52:33 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 01:21:35PM -0400, Hogg, Russell E wrote:
> the right words to search on.  Any body think of a good way for me to prove
> either by action or example that we are safe to pull the SSL requirement on
> the homepage?

Create a test server on your network (non-SSL home page, POST via
https).  Run ethereal or your favorite packet sniffer on another box.
Have someone hit the home page.  Show PHBs the content of home page in
packet dump.  Then have someone login.  Show PHBs the encrypted
gibberish in the packet dump.

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9