[ale] Seven Deadly Sins - PHP

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Wed Jun 11 09:22:41 EDT 2003

> I would be interested to know if he said, verbatim, "Don't use PHP even
> tho it's convenient", or if he said something more general about not
> trusting cgi-bin of any sort, including perl and PHP.  If the former, I
> would like to echo Frank's request for an alternative.

My position: Forget an alternative - I have invested too much in PHP and it
has given many rewards. More appropriately, I would want donate to the
community by highering or encouraging a programmer to help secure PHP.
Chip in and commission Bob to fix the flaws (at least set the defaults to be
secure if they are not already). My guess is that it is more secure than
running telnet - if not, let's make an "ssh" of PHP.

> Maybe that's all he meant. :)
PHP was set apart in the article with the words "don't use." Bob has explained
to me why we should "not use" messenging programs. (GAIM, YMessenger, MSN
Messenger, etc) and clear explanations can be offered for the statement
"don't use" telnet.  OT, what about Unreal Tournament/online gaming? :)

The question is: Does PHP fall in the same catagory?

> Done now. Really.
> jenn

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com