[ale] webcam

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sun Jun 8 20:35:59 EDT 2003

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Stephen Turner wrote:

> hey whats a good linux supported web cam? and the best app to use?
<<snip>>

Wander off to the USB site and see what is noted as fully supported 8-).

With that amazing bit of advice, I'll note that I've got an older
Kensington that works fairly well (autobrightness could be better). I've
also got a Logitech something or tother that I have never gotten to work.

A couple of people around have mentioned positive experiences with video
capture cards, which I have no current experience with.

All the above brings to mind something I've been thinking of researching:
Is there a computer/web cam system with great dynamic range of light? Say
something from bright daylight to romantic candle light without breaking
the piggy bank? I'm not hopefull, but I thought I should ask...

Thanks in advance.