[ale] Distro tinkering

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Jun 8 12:15:01 EDT 2003

I've been loading multiple distro's on my laptop this weekend (wife is
out of town). I've done RH8, 9 (easy. all worked, everything but the
winmodem.), Slackware 9 (took some tinkering to get the wireless card on
line, but it all looked good), Debian 3 (net install, apt came in broken
(!) couldn't get X up. Wouldn't reload xserver* packages. Kept telling
me they were OK/not installed/installed/missing/found argh!) and Suse
7.3 (never found my NIC or set the screen right, wireless not
functional, sound scrambled) on my IBM Thinkpad T20 (nice machine:).

I'm looking for a newer Suse (8.2). I can't afford the professional
server release and the $!^@ gftp keeps crashing trying to download the
distro from GaTech.

Is it feasible to add the servers to the personal release to upgrade it
to the professional?  The personal is "just a workstation" but I want to
tinker with Yast's server configs.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

 This is a digitally signed message part