[ale] F-Prot Check-updates help?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Jun 6 22:27:32 EDT 2003

Sounds like yo need to look at perl's CPAN and do some upgrading. But if
you are missing IO::Socket, I don't think CPAN will work for you ;(

Look around on Mandrakes update site for a perl update. You can also try
reinstalling perl from your CD. Those are standard parts in most
distributions so not having them installed sounds like an installation
bug.

Also check for a perl-CPAN package. That may provide the missing pieces.
If it doesn't, it should make it possible to get them from CPAN.

perldoc CPAN   will tell you how to use it. The cpan shell is great.

You will need to get the packages just as it asks for them IO::Socket,
etc.