[ale] Making a class of windows sticky in KDE

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Jun 6 13:34:46 EDT 2003

I love virtual desktops.  I have on VD for mail, one for general purpose
stuff, one for my java IDE, etc.  Usually I like my windows to stay where
they are supposed to be, but not always.

I want gaim (the gnu AIM app) to follow me around.  I want any open
conversation to be on my current desktop.  I'm tired of missing
conversations.

I know how to make any given window sticky so that it comes with me as I
move around.  What I don't know how to do is make *any* gaim window that
may ever appear be sticky.

I remember from the olden days that you could do such things with fvwm by
typing the right incantation into a config file.  Anyone know if it can be
done in KDE?  Is the kwin config file documented anywhere?  I couldn't
find anything in a google search.

Thanks,

Michael