[ale] Spam Assasin + Bayesian Filters

attriel attriel at d20boards.net
Thu Jun 5 09:39:59 EDT 2003

> Christopher Fowler wrote:
>> One day I was doing some tests on an embedded device and sent abut 200
>> email messages at once to our mail server.  I figured no big deal.
>> Since <flambait> spam assasin is written in perl, it took my mail
>> server down to its knees </flamebait>.  The server stopped
>> accepting mail and it took about 10 minutes for it to parse through
>> all that mal coming in.  I was amazed at how this caused such a

I've not noticed any major slowdowns using spamd (vs the invoked perl
script), but I've never piped 200 in at once ... at least, not recently

The spamd daemon is written in C and is a persistent environment, instead
of having the perl overhead on each message ...

If this was with spamd ... er, dunno :o

--attriel