[ale] Silly/Easy Question (I hope)

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Mon Jun 2 21:59:50 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 21:55, Jonathan Glass (IBB) wrote:
> How do I telnet to a serial port?

Non-sequitur.  Telnet is a TCP/IP application layer protocol.

In Window$, I open Hyperterm, and
> connect to "COM1" at the needed BAUD settings, and everything worked.
> What is the trick in Linux?  I've Google'd, check the man pages for
> telnet, to no avail.

Oh.  Minicomis about to be your friend.  Run it as root first with the
-s switch to take you straight to the config menu where you can save
your settings for the whole machine, then exit out, re-become yourself,
and re-launch it.

- Jeff