[ale] still trying to figure it out

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Jul 31 20:51:55 EDT 2003

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> Do you have a firewall up on the DMZ you can drop?  I'm guessing you're
> machine behind the dmz which fails is NAT'd?

Yes.  I've narrowed it down to a problem with the choke firewall that
separates my home network from the dmz.  I plugged my laptop into the
switch that connects the dmz to the bastion firewall (sits between the
dmz and the internet) and set the default route to point to that
firewall and sure enough I can get out.

But this makes absolutely no sense.  What could this have to do with
whether dns resolves?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...