[ale] Suse 8.2 weekly crash

Ray Knight audilover at atlantabroadband.com
Wed Jul 30 23:20:55 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 11:25, Oysgelt, Moisey G [GMG] wrote:
> I have a few  Suse  installations  in my group,  they are very stable, but one system gives me trouble I can not figure.
>
> One a week   The system locks without  special causes.
>
> I've checked
> /var/log/messages file
> not errors. Just stops.
>
> Can you point me to other places I can check to find the problem.

I just had a similar problem on an old NCR dual Pentium 166Mhz server I
had just installed SuSE 8.2 on to replace RedHat 7.1  Turning off the
screen saver seems to have resolved the problem, which I found strange
because when the system locked it was more than just the console as I
couldn't ping the box from another system on the subnet.

Ray