[ale] SSH Downloading

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Tue Jul 29 14:06:21 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 13:50, Robert Coggins wrote:

> This is more what I was looking for also...  But I am glad to know about
> the scp command too.  I did not know about that one.

This doesn't really fit your requirements but I usually leave cryptcat (the
encrypted cousin of netcat) listening on my machine. If you install
cryptcat on the remote machines you can use it to transfer files to your
machine and if need be, fire up a listener on the remote and copy files to
it. I prefer cryptcat to scp because you can do much more with it, like dd
a whole filesystem across the wire securely.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security