[ale] uptime logs?

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Tue Jul 29 12:53:43 EDT 2003

I have been asked if there is some way of figuring the uptime and intervals of uptime of a machine.  I have never thought much about this, so I don't know if there is a log written somewhere.

Also they wish to know if a user shut the system down or if it was a power issue, etc.

>From what I gather they want to be able to say "in June the system was up blah days until Joe installed the new hardware.  Before that we were up blah."

Other than that I don't know any specifics.

Preston