[ale] Wifi issue

Robert Coggins ale at cogginsnet.com
Mon Jul 28 21:14:14 EDT 2003

OK heres the deal.

I have a WIFI network here at home.  There is also someone else in the
n'hood that has WIFI.  I specify that my laptop needs to connect to my
ESSID however it keeps connecting to the other guys network.  LOL I can
get on the net using his network as I see he has DSL or Cable.  But when
I need to transfer things to my desktop it is a no go on my LAN.  My
Wife's LT can connect with no problem.  He runs a linksys router  I have
a D-Link router.  I my wireless card is linksys and my wife's is SMC.
Anyone have an idea?

Thanks all!

Rob

--