[ale] Atlanta Linux Computer Store

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sun Jul 27 14:39:59 EDT 2003

I'm currently working with the StarGate computer store to help them directly
support Linux. They are small operation with 2 stores doing general x86 PC
repair, parts, custom builds and used system. The original store is out in
the Lawrenceville area and I purchased a couple used monitors there last
Fall, but they recently opened a really convenient location (: convenient for
me, anyway :) right down the street from Emory at Clairmont and North
Decatur. I've made several other parts purchases from them as the prices are
competitive with internet shopping and they really have been helpful in
trying to track down a few odd bits.

So far I have gotten the manager there, Sukru (sp?),  the Mandrake 9.1 install
set and he says he is now using Linux and Open Office as the primary
environment  for his 4 machine home network. If he has any custom built
systems or used laptops that you'd be interested in, I'm sure he'd install
Linux on it for you.

The Decatur store phone # is
   (404) 929-9988
and their hours are something like
   10am to 7pm Mon-Sat.

peace
aaron

On Thursday 24 July 2003 11:33, Kenline, Doug S [NTWK SVCS] wrote:

> I was wondering if there is some retail computer store here in the Atlanta
area that specializes in Linux machines.