[ale] Gates: Microsoft IP Finds Its Way Into Free Software

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sun Jul 27 13:54:03 EDT 2003

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, Jonathan Rickman wrote:

> Over on /.
>
> I saw the quote yesterday and was too shocked to even give it any thought.

I have to wonder: how would Mr. Gates (or more properly his legal team)
demonstrate/prove the allegation? MS is so worried about people seeing the
code of their products (usually) that I don't see even a limited showing
of code is likely to happen. Plus, the claim that MS's records of when
particular code was initially created would be above suspicion should be
absurd on the face of it.

> Are we living in the matrix?

No. The matrix would make somewhat more sense...