[ale] Kernel options

kkonaka at mac.com kkonaka at mac.com
Sun Jul 27 12:36:26 EDT 2003

> I don't suppose there's general purpose way to query the running kernel to see
> if a particular kernel option is available, is there?

you mean retrieving the values in the original .config file right?

I don't know the answer but just curious :)

if it's only a boot time command line args, I think it's accessible
via /proc/cmdline (eg., arch/i386/kernel/setup.c) but I assume this
is not what you are talking about

how about simply interrogating the kernel via /dev/kmem? to check
if particular data structures exists where applicable.

kenji