[ale] Masters Program at KSU

Dennany, Jerome {D177~Roswell} JEROME.DENNANY at ROCHE.COM
Fri Jul 25 09:42:46 EDT 2003

	My experience with KSU is with their BS in Information Systems,
for which I was enrolled for several part time semesters during 2001.
My experience with their undergrad program is that they had a severe
shortage of qualified professors, and that they augmented most of their
CS staff with adjunct professors.  There was very little commitment to
quality education, and I felt as if I was part of a 'paper mill' (even
more so than when I was studying for my MCSA).

	The instructors were often poorly educated in the current
aspects of computer science, and I actually had to explain garbage
collection to one professor.  Another professor had not even heard of
.NET.  (How can you be current in this field and not even heard of this
technology?  I'm not saying that I expected her to be fluent, but let's
at least keep current with industry news, hmm?)

	I achieved a high GPA while attending KSU, but was not satisfied
with their overall program, and moved on to another school.

	Perhaps they've improved, or perhaps their graduate program is
better.  If there are any Kennesaw students or alumni with better
experiences, please share.

Respectfully,

Jerry Dennany