[ale] OT: FAQ: Where to recycle computers

Van L. Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Wed Jul 23 08:31:32 EDT 2003

>Message: 10
>Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:50:18 -0400
>From: Fulton Green <ale at FultonGreen.com>
>To: ale at ale.org
>Subject: [ale] OT: FAQ: Where to recycle computers
>
>While researching the recycling event that Tech had recently (and which I
>missed thanks to vacation packing), I found this link from the "gubment"
>that lists a whole boatload of computer recyclers:
>
>http://www.DNR.State.GA.US/p2ad/comp_recycle.html
>
>If you look towards the bottom, you'll find the non-profits.

If anyone has any old computer equipment
(that is capable of running a fairly modern version of linux)
and they want to donate it to a good cause please email My friend
Sergio Chavez here is his email address. Sergio at turbocorp.com
He will be more than happy to come and pick it up from you.
He is putting together some computers that he is going to donate
to a church down in panama that His church sent him to. He recently did
some
mission work for them helping them to build their church. Any Donations
will be appreciated.
I have a friend who works in the IT department at the white county
school system
and I got her to donate several older Pentium based IBM systems and
monitors to him.
He has been able to assemble 1 or 2 systems out of the parts but still
needs lots of stuff.
He is planning on using Linux on all of the systems, most likely one of
the more
lightweight distributions that scales better.

Thanks

Van