[ale] Georgia Tax Free Days and Monarch Computer

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jul 21 09:11:10 EDT 2003

Chris Farris wrote:
> Last time they did this I went to buy a new HDD. Turns out you had to
> buy a whole computer. Buying parts didn't count.

More from the FAQ:

Q. Are cables, power cords, and surge protectors exempt during the sales
tax holiday period?

A. Yes.

Q. Does a backup battery qualify for the exemption during the sales tax
holiday period?

A. A battery backup purchased for a personal computer is tax exempt.

I would expect that if the battery is tax exempt, a hard drive would be too.

Here's a bizarre one though, tell me what the definition of a
workstation is?

Q. If a customer buys a personal computer or other qualified items
during an exemption period, plus unrelated equipment and supplies, is
everything tax-free?

A. No, Unrelated equipment and supplies, such as computer furniture,
workstations, cellular telephones, digital cameras, and other similar
items are taxable.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...