[ale] Georgia Tax Free Days and Monarch Computer

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jul 21 09:03:43 EDT 2003

Chris Farris wrote:
> Last time they did this I went to buy a new HDD. Turns out you had to
> buy a whole computer. Buying parts didn't count.

It's different this year, but I'm not sure if the hdd would still be
covered.  From the FAQ:

A single $1,500 or less purchase of personal computers and related
accessories is exempt.  This year's exemption does NOT require the
purchase of "personal computer base unit" (tower, desktop, laptop) and
is extended to peripheral devices such as modems, printers, speakers,
non-recreactional software, etc.

I would think a drive would be valid purchase, but I can't find any docs
that state specifically.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...