[ale] What file system for a software RAID array ?

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Sat Jul 19 16:45:53 EDT 2003

	I am currently installing 3 Maxtor 200GB HD's on a RH 7.3 2.96-113 box
using the 2.4.20-18.7 kernel (w/an AMD 700MHz processor) and I want to use a
software RAID 5 array.  I have heard that there are some problems with the
ext3 fs and I was wondering if there is anyone who has any knowledge or
experience on whether I should use the ext2 fs or the ext3 fs. I understand
the benefits of journaling, but since this is a simple file server for my
family, I would rather have a rock solid system then a fast system.  I will
also be using the RAID array with Samba.

TIA,
Greg