[ale] Georgia Tax Free Days and Monarch Computer

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 19 12:52:46 EDT 2003

All,

	I had to pick up a power supply this AM from Monarch Computer, and they
were pushing this.  July 31 - Aug 3 is another tax free computer
purchase time just like last year.  This year, Monarch is having a
party, where they'll be giving away stuff (CPUs, systems, etc.).  It's
really a circus: there's even a pony ride for the kids.

	Nevertheless, they claim that they'll have reps from companies like
AMD, Intel, and Philips that you can bend the ear(s) of.  This may be an
excellent time for a Linux soft-sell (if you know what I mean, and I
think you do).

	Just FYI.  See http://www.monarchcomputer.com/specialevent03/ for the
full circus info.

P.S. I did offer to have some of us (ALE) set up a booth for a Linux
installfest, but he said he was out of space.  Whether or not that's a
snow-job I don't know.

Danny