[ale] NW ALE meeting last night

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jul 18 09:15:40 EDT 2003

I want to thank Ray for his presentation last night.  I'd like to share
that fact that Ray went the extra mile to pull this thing off.

The day before the presentation, he had a hardware failure on one of his
boxes he intended to use in the presentation.  Rather then drop the
ball, Ray made the extra effort to prepare additional hardware for his
presentation.  Unfortunately, he was not able to provide the full demo
he had promised, but showed up and gave his all in order that we would
have a presentation.

Further, Ray has committed to presenting his LDAP/Samba presentation
again in the future, once he's resolved his hardware issues.  I know
I'll be looking forward to this as I believe LDAP/Samba authentication
is a huge step in the right direction and a great bonus for Linux.

Thanks Ray.

So, Chris, how about that DashPC presentation?  Might it be ready for
next month?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...