[ale] MS vs. Linux in Munich

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Wed Jul 16 20:10:36 EDT 2003

Wasn't it Suse (a German based company) that won the award ?  Given the
recent strain in relations between Europe and the US over Iraq, as well as
the US losing the trade case, I wonder if there is more here than just
money.  I seem to recall the EU taking the US to court (and winning all of
the appeals) over a trade case.  Apparently we gave several companies enough
tax breaks to qualify them as being government supported (Boeing and MS were
the only 2 that I recall) and hence they had an unfair advantage in Europe
over EU companies.  And we know how the EU feels over subsidies to favorite
industries.

Yeah, Billy - boy, feel the burn.

Greg