[ale] MS vs. Linux in Munich

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Wed Jul 16 18:48:07 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 18:37, Bob Toxen wrote:
> SuSE Linux competed against Microsoft Windows to provide upgrades
> for 14,000 Windows desktop systems for the city of Munich, Germany.
> Linux won.  The city won too.

The beauty of all this is that by the time all was said and done, the
Linux solution was significantly more expensive than the MS solution in
terms of up front costs. The city picked Linux anyway. I can't wait to
hear the MS spin doctors stammering through an explanation for that.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security