[ale] Spam filtering

George Johnson gljay at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 12 00:55:36 EDT 2003

Is it possible to set Qmail or Sendmail to test the validity of the sending
server of each email sent?  This way if it fails to return valid the email
can be dropped.  And could it also keep a record of all valid email hence it
would check to see if it was valid before it checked the sending server?

George Johnson

"If we run into such debts, as that we must be taxed in our meat and
in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and
our amusements, for our callings and our creeds, as the people in
England are, our people, like them, must come to labor sixteen hours
in the twenty-four, give the earnings of fifteen of these to the
government for their debts and daily expenses; and the sixteenth being
insufficient to afford us bread, we must live, as they now do, on
oatmeal and potatoes; have no time to think, no means of calling the
mismanagers to account; but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring
ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow sufferers."
--Thomas Jefferson