[ale] Re: Samba Printing

John Trostel jtrostel at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 9 10:44:52 EDT 2003

If you have the base smb.conf, you only need the following to allow
basic printing:

1. in the [global] section of smb.conf, make sure you have

   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes

2. in the [printers] section of smb.conf, I have

# NOTE: If you have a BSD-style print system there is no need to
# specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   public = yes
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   printable = yes

which allows _everyone_ to print to my printers

--
John M. Trostel
Atlanta, Georgia USA
jtrostel at mindspring.com
GPG Key Fingerprint: FE1F DFCE 4BF1 A8A8 5766  CBCB B0C3 FD47 3F78 A1FC