[ale] ping won't pong.........

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 15:08:01 EDT 2003

Well, It's possible (not not too likely) that your new ISP blocks inbound
ICMP packets.  If you haven't added or changed any ipchains/iptables entries
then the ISP must be the reason.   IMHO, practices like ICMP blocking are
counter productive and rarely implemented outside of ISPs that don't
understand traffic engineering and proper network design.

-Jim P.