[ale] Upgrading Mozilla

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 4 09:10:48 EDT 2003

On Monday 30 June 2003 08:20 pm, Matty wrote:
> Anyone found a mozilla build with anti-aliased fonts? I downloaded the
> 1.4 binaries, and they are not built against the XFt libraries. I assume
> someone has to be maintaining these. Also, are there mozilla RPMs
> available from a reputable source?

There are now RPM's out there for RedHat 7.3 and 8.0. The ones for 8.0 use the
GTK2 tool kit. But it isn't that hard to build Mozilla the way you want it.
It's a huge download, but the build is pretty fast. The download is so big
because they include all options for all platforms. But you won't be building
all of that. You can also exclude a bunch of stuff that you may not need.