[ale] Firewall logging

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Thu Jul 3 17:01:07 EDT 2003

Hi All,

	I know this sounds like a really newbie question but here goes.  I
have been looking around (google, redhat, etc.) trying to find out how to
tell if someone is trying or has tried to get into your system.  I know
there are files/logs that catch this however I cannot locate any that my
system has.  This is a RedHat 7.3 system and it is not running a
webserver.  I've looked at /var/log/messages however surely there is
another/better option.  Netstat will only give me info on current
connections, right?  I think the default firewall for this system is
ipchains.

TIA,

--
Jim Seymour