[ale] IDE Raid Controller that works with Slackware 8.1 ?

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue Jul 1 10:06:58 EDT 2003

I may have misunderstood but...

...During his RAID presentation at last month's Central meeting Dan Cox
suggested that some of the "hardware" RAID cards may be little more than
drive controller interfaces that, in actuality, rely on the kernel level
software RAID to function. A little extra "caveat emptor" may be in order for
your search.

In any case, is there a reason that you want to avoid the software RAID that
is available for the Linux kernel? ( Dan didn't mention any big down sides,
but then he wrote a lot of the code. ;-)  Or is it the case that the
Slackware version of the kernel makes it difficult to incorporate the RAID
options??

Just curious... thanks.

peace
aaron