[ale] Bad business

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jan 31 22:56:09 EST 2003

Robert Heaven wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 22:20, Geoffrey wrote:
>

>>I don't understand why corporate America doesn't get it.  Those folks
>>you lay off, will not be able to feed your money machine.
>

> The problem is, you're looking at the long view... The greedy corporate
> executives can't see that far ahead. The only thing they are concerned
> about is the short term impacts on their balance sheets. (aka, their
> stock options)

Actually, it's the longer view that is needed, if we can hold off till
then.  Once things equalize, and they will, folks in the states, India
and China will see pay equality.  Folks in the states will lose as their
income either goes away, or drops substantially.  The overseas folks
will begin to see the light, and start demanding more pay, as they now
are the only game, since the stateside folks have gone the way of the
union worker.

> Here's the way they see it.
> 1. They ship some jobs overseas and cut some costs. Effect: fast gains
> on increased profits because of the time lag between cause and effect.
> 2. So what if the American public can't buy their products anymore
> because they're out of work. All these people in India, etc. that are
> now perspectively rich by comparison, now have lots of money to spend on
> consumer goods.

Then they better start making ther products fit those folks needs.  So
what is it in Indea 120 volts, 60 Hz???

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...