[ale] Bad business

Stephen Touset stephen at touset.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 31 17:01:00 EST 2003

James P. Kinney III said:
> I saw it on Slashdot. It's not good news if one reads for the trend.
>
> http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/03_05/b3818001.htm
> --
> James P. Kinney III          \Changing the mobile computing world/ CEO
> & Director of Engineering \          one Linux user         /
> Local Net Solutions,LLC        \           at a time.          /
> 770-493-8244                    \.___________________________./
> http://www.localnetsolutions.com

> <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> Fingerprint = 3C9E 6366 54FC A3FE BA4D
> 0659 6190 ADC3 829C 6CA7

This is one of the reasons why I've recently started really pressuring
myself to become more proficient in things like routing, network
management, administrating systems, etc., as opposed to coding. The
previous jobs being more "physical", and requiring someone's physical
presence to a higher extent (than, say, coding), I'm hoping that they'll
be much harder to transfer overseas.
Stephen Touset