[ale] OT: Response to the State of the Union

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Jan 31 09:45:28 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 01:52, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Oh brother.  Can you guys get a job

That is the essential issue here. Get a job. As most of the ALE list is
aware, there are many of us who have lost our jobs in the past year. For
some, it has been more than a year since the regularity of the income
meets the regularity of the monthly bills.

As much of a bile-soaked issue as current presidential politics feels to
every one on this list, it is related to this group at a very
fundamental level. With out the income to support my Internet
connection, my access to my ALE community goes away.

My last full-time pay check was September 29 2001. I have children to
feed and clothe and educate. At the moment, I see nothing that is being
done at the federal level that even hints that they are cognizant of the
situation that I and others on this list face. I used to be a taxpayer.
Now, my income is below the level at which paying taxes is required.

So ANOTHER bunch of rich, spoiled, pampered ASSHOLES is going to muck
things up even more by picking a fight with a moron who has nothing to
lose by getting a black eye, or even killed, thus propelling martyrdom
in the Middle East into an acceptable profession. Which I have no doubts
will get exercised in this country for decades to come. The
short-sightedness of business has taken over the political system of
this country as well.

We, the people down here at the bottom, are screwed.

BAH!

 This is a digitally signed message part