[ale] Error: symbol foo is already defined.

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Jan 31 09:23:57 EST 2003

On Friday 31 January 2003 09:13 am, John Wells wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Yup...RH 8.0.
>
> I've had problems with usbdnet on both RH 7.3 and 8.  When I was running
> 7.3, I'd get random system freezes where everything just *stopped*.
> Under 8.0, only problems I've had is the "device not accepting new
> address"es.

Once you get it working, lets compare notes.  For anyone wondering what
we're talking about, usbdnet is a kernel module to do TCPIP over the USB
port.  It is used by the Zaurus to talk to the Linux desktop for synching
and network access.

I can connect to my Zaurus fine the first time I turn it on.  But then if I
disconnect for long enough (I don't quite know how long, yet) when I plug
it in again everything seems okay for about 30 seconds, then both my RH
desktop system and my Z lock up.  My keyboard LEDs start plashing and
nothing works.  My Z freezes with the screen on and I have to use the
reset switch.

--Michael