[ale] OT: Response to the State of the Union

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri Jan 31 01:07:04 EST 2003

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 14:06, cfowler wrote:
> <BEGGING>Do not run with this and start a wild thread</BEGGING>

Sorry, but you can't throw a bleeding pig into the Amazon River and expect
all the Piranhas to play dead. However, the well chewed H1-B topic is not
the political carcass that I need to nibble on in reply...

What I find curious about your letter concerning H1-B abuses is that you
would bother to send it to Mr. Bush. Surely you don't believe that this
spoiled rich kid and notoriously arrogant elitist is going to give the
real problems of common people a moments thought??? I only hope you
haven't been fooled by the corporate media marketing circus that props up
our resident select, because it is basically as much of a fraud as he is.

For example, Mr. Bush gave a widely broadcast stump speech to "business
folk" about the economy at some warehouse in the midwest city last Monday
(a transparent last ditch PR stunt before he tried to make excuses for
the Sorry State of the Union). George's handlers staged his podium in
front of a phony painted backdrop showing stacks of boxes prominently
stamped with "Made In America" under the banner text "Economic Strength".
They also placed a few real boxes from the warehouse around the base of
the podium to complete the scene, only the REAL boxes had tan packing
tape on the sides to conceal the fact that their contents were "MADE IN
CHINA". Apparently, in an entire warehouse district, they couldn't find
12 boxes containing products that were actually made in this country.
(: Go, Go, Gadget Globalization! :) Apparently the corporate controlled
media won't even scratch the surface of the lies when they are only a few
mils thick!

Unfortunately, lurking behind the thin veil of orchestrated PR that passes
for mainstream news, we have the reality. Peeling back the tape we find
that every one of Mr. Bush's actions since occupying the White House has
been aimed at either inciting warfare, undermining our constitution or
legislating pork barrel deficit budgeting scams that are guaranteed to
bankrupt not just our financial futures, but those of many generations to
come. Seems the only agendas that get his attention involve covering up
for his criminal friends and paying off the fellow wealthy imperialists
that bought the office for him.  The concerns of real working Americans
don't even register as a butterfly sneeze on the radar of his radical
right wing regime. If it is not an issue of expanding the Corporate
Welfare state, padding the bank accounts of fellow billionaires, war
mongering for the military industrial complex or spilling the blood of
the innocent to pump up profits for his good ol' oil company buddies,
your concerns about the massive injustices driving globalization won't
even get the stock response of an evil, arrogant smirk.

Someday it would be interesting to have a conservative or two in the
federal government. Since President Carter's final State of the Union,
all we've seen is an increasingly fascist parade of corporate puppets.

peace
(after justice)
aaron