[ale] Which Distro should I use?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Jan 30 10:14:16 EST 2003

Michael D. Hirsch wrote:

> Now that you feel comfortable with RedHat you should try something very
> different.  Either Debian or Slackware are good bets.  And I say that as
> someone who dislikes both of those dists for various reasons.  Gentoo is
> interesting, too, and also very different.  I would not recommend Mandrake
> (my personal fav), SuSE, or Connectiva.  You need to try a non rpm-based
> distribution.

As he's noted he's been using Red Hat (and I assume Linux) for about a
year, I would go to too drastic a change.  SuSE or Mandrake would be a
good change that would give him a feel of other distributions without
making a huge change in the install process.  Debian and Slack should be
somewhere on down the road for such a user.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...