[ale] DSL switch from Directv

aaron aaron at pd.org
Wed Jan 29 23:54:33 EST 2003

On Thursday 02 January 2003 10:45, mattkern at speakeasy.net wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 10:36, Paul D. Manno wrote:
> > > Couple of other differences - as of
> > > 12/31/2002 anyway...
> > >
> > >  - Speedfactory offers 1.5/256 connections,
> > >    Speakeasy is 1.5/128
> > >  - Speedfactory includes some dial-up hours
> > >    Speakeasy did not
>
> This is not the case I've seen.  Actually, speakeasy gives an unlimited
> dial up account with the 1.5/128 service.  In fact, since DTV dropped
> my connection 2 days after the announcement, speakeasy has given me a
> free unlimited dial up while I go thru the ordering process.  I will
> note though, that this is no "hotswap" of service.  My order was placed
> on the 21st of December and my loop order was just confirmed.  So, by
> no means am I sure I'll stay with these guys at the moment.

Speakeasy includes up to 150/hrs. per month dialup on my 608/128 account
(with static IP, 5 email addys, 50 meg web storage). When B$outh flipped
the switch prematurely, customer service told me that if the problems
caused my dial up to run over that very generous amount, they'd be happy
to just reset the clock.

peace
(after justice)
aaron