[ale] OT: Response to the State of the Union

Ray Knight audilover at atlantabroadband.com
Wed Jan 29 23:54:32 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 16:06, cfowler wrote:

> Is there anyone on this list that feels they have been wronged by the
> H1-B policy?

Not personally.  But I have seen blatant misuse.  I personally know of
two employers in the metro Atlanta who have had layoffs where they kept
H1B employees and laid off citizens, even though the citizens were more
qualified for the remaining positions.  I heard the statement that they
couldn't lay off the H1B worker because it would be a greater hardship
to them than the citizens.