[ale] Booting Issues

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 4 19:27:17 EST 2003

hen attempting to boot my newly installed system (ALT Linux 2.2 beta), it
gets as far as the
following and then stops with a kernel panic.  Is this repairable, and if
so how?  I am a relative newbie, so be as simple as possible.  Any help
is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

These are the last 4 lines when booting:

kmod : failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-33 errno=2
VFS : cannot open root device "2105" or 21:05
Kernel panic : VFS : Unable to mount root fs on 21:05

-Trey
--
  Trey Sizemore
  trey at fastmail.fm