[ale] A cat, Free computer stuff, and unemployment.

joshy joshy at joshy.net
Thu Jan 9 16:53:21 EST 2003

Hey guys. I'm moving out of my old apartment and I've decided
it's finally time to get rid of all of my old computer stuff.
Plus I need to find a new home for my cat, Andrew.

First of all: Andrew is a wonderful cat. I love him very much, but my
girlfriend's 12 year old siamese can't deal with other animals, so I
need to find a new home for him. He gets along well with other pets and
is very playful. He and my dog love to wrestle around and have fun. He
is a grey and black striped tabby, has all of his shots, and has been
fixed already. He's great for people with carpal-tunnel since he will
demand you stop typing and pet him every 1/2 hour or so. :)  He is
completely free to a good home.  If you are interested then please call
me ASAP at 678-458-5810.

Computer stuff:

I have the following to be also given away to a good home:

an old answering machine (digital I think)
an IDE harddrive (1 gigish?)
external 56k modem
old internal modems
old soundblasters
old ethernet cards
usb ethernet adapters
various powerbricks

tonnes of cables:
     power cables
     USB cables
     serial cables and adapters
     phone cords

iOpener.
     I bought this to hack on it, but never had the time.
     It works perfectly and still has the plastic wrap on the screen.
     I have a small laptop drive for it, plus the special cables
     and the PS/2 y adaptor for the mouse. It just needs a new linux
     distro to be built and installed on it.

I'm going to bring all of the stuff in my car to the next meeting
(the one next month), and everything I don't give away will be tossed,
some come grab the good stuff!

[As a side question, does anyone know of a place that can
replace the backlight in a flatpanel monitor? I've got a very nice
all digital one I'd like to use again. Thanks.]

Unemployment:
     My contract w/ Home Depot is ending in a week and I'm
looking for new employment.  I'm a Tech grad with 7+ years
of Java experience, mostly on the web/j2ee side of things,
with lots of usability and graphics background.  If anyone
has any opportunities, please email me at joshua at marinacci.org.

Thanks so much guys.
You got your passion you got your pride
But don't you know only fools are satisfied?
Dream on, but don't imagine they'll all come true
When will you realize Vienna waits for you