[ale] Two console users on one system--is it possible?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 28 15:59:18 EST 2003

I'm pretty sure you can do this.  You'd have to modify your X config so
that it contains multiple ServerLayout, Screen entries.  You can easily
add multiple monitors as we see with multi-head solutions.  Further I've
heard of folks using two mice independently.  I've actually got two
mouse entries in my config as I've got a ps2 and a usb (wacom).  The
same would apply for multiple keyboards, as they're just seen as input
devices.  The tricky part is properly associating each input device with
the proper X session and associated output device.

I'm hoping to install SuSE 8.1 on my current box and see if it will
properly recognize my dual output radeon card.  If I get that going, I
might play with this a bit.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...