[ale] Let's crack Bob Toxen's systems!

Chris Woodruff cwoodruff at openpenguin.com
Tue Jan 28 15:50:52 EST 2003

We call it Social Engineering!! :)
<BLOCKQUOTE
  ----- Original Message -----
  <DIV
  <A title=da_real_splinter at yahoo.com
  href="mailto:da_real_splinter at yahoo.com">Da Splinter
  To: <A title=ale at ale.org
  href="mailto:ale at ale.org">ale at ale.org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 3:44
  PM
  Subject: Re: [ale] Let's crack Bob
  Toxen's systems!

  That's how hackers get their information, by researching and finding
  someone who will give them information whether it's knowningly or
  unknowingly.
   "James P. Kinney III" <<A
  href="mailto:jkinney at localnetsolutions.com">jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>
  wrote:
  <BLOCKQUOTE
  style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">We'll
    split the prize money with you! On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 15:16,
    Christopher Bergeron wrote:> Bob did some consulting for us, so I can
    provide all his IP's, his> firewalling rules, etc. > >
    Nah, I couldn't do that to Bob.> > :)> > Sorry
    guys, you're on your own.> -CB> > > wrnash
    wrote:> > If I knew that a hacker was going to hack my system on a
    certain date I> > would just lock everything out to where nothing
    could get in the when> > the event was over I open jus the port I
    needed again.> > > > Do you think bob would do the same.
    Maybe we need to wait a couple of> > days to hack his system. Like
    in the book the art of war. When they> > think you are near be far
    when they think you are far be near.> > > > Bill
    Message-----> > From: ale-admin at ale.org [mailto:ale-admin at ale.org]
    On Behalf Of Geoffrey> > Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 2:21
    Bob Toxen's systems!> > > > Dow Hurst wrote:>
> [...]
    opportunity to crack his system will be> > > > > aired
    tomorrow night! He had to postpone from the last show, so> > >
    > > are doing it tomorrow night. I'll put up $25, to be awarded at
    the> > > > > Alefest, to the first person that is a
    member on the ALE list who> > > > > proves to mine and
    Bob's satisfaction that they broke in. I think> > > > >
    I'll keep my money. (Smirk smirk), Dow> > > > > >
    weigh more> > > > > > > > >
    than> > > > > > > Bob's since he, though
    completely honest, will not want to admit to> > > > >
    being hacked.> > > > > > > > > > PPS.
    Like waving the red flag in front of the bull, the $25 of free> >
    > > > beer hangs before you.... > > > > >
    ways to make $25, such as pulling the > > > > gold from your
    fillings in your teeth. :)> > > > > > > >
    Kinney III \Changing the mobile computing world/CEO & Director of
    Engineering \ one Linux user /Local Net Solutions,LLC \ at a time.
    /770-493-8244 \.___________________________./GPG ID: 829C6CA7
    James P. Kinney III (M.S. Physics)
    Fingerprint = 3C9E 6366 54FC A3FE BA4D
    0659 6190 ADC3 829C 6CA7 > ATTACHMENT part 2
    application/pgp-signature name=signature.asc

  Do you Yahoo!?<A
  href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com">Yahoo! Mail
  Plus - Powerful. Affordable. <A
  href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com">Sign up