[ale] Again with the filesystem recovery SOLUTION?

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 28 19:41:18 EST 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 00:55:14 -0500 (EST), John Wells wrote:

>Kinda the way I look at Windows/Linux.  With Windows, you can jump right
>in and it has enough safety features in place that you probably will be
>able to develop some level of comfort rather easily.  Windows is an
>economy car.  Linux, otoh, is the M5 of the popular operating systems on
>the market: fast, efficient, and potentially dangerous, if you don't
>understand what you're doing.

Nice analogy.  I see Winbloze as a consumer-level pickup truck. Does
just fine for light duty hauling and Joe Blow can probably drive it
off the dealer's lot without problem. Linux is the 18-wheeler. Doesn't
have all the latest bells and whistles, but it is what you need for
heavy duty hauling. It does come with an extensive list of features
(unknown and unneeded for a desktop Win OS) that make life much easier
when moving around tons of stuff.
Driver's ed is mandatory. Joe Blow shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel
of one without careful training; he's far too likely to tear up the
equipment. <grin>

Sean