[ale] RH 8.0 won't recognize my NIC

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Jan 28 09:26:47 EST 2003

I'm pretty sure that IRQ 0 is a reserved one. It is usually linked with
the timer. This is what keeps te cpu in sync with the ram and chipset.

You can try passing some parameters to the module as it loads. I have 2
same maker nics and I separate them by passing hem IO ports in the
/etc/modules.conf

alias eth0 3c59x
options eth0 io=0xb800
alias eth1 3c59x
options eth1 io=0xb000

This also works for setting IRQ's. A common irq for nics is 5 and 10.