[ale] Again with the filesystem recovery SOLUTION?

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 27 19:23:32 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 05:41:09PM -0600, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> GREAT!
> So we finally found an EASY solution for the ext3 recovery?!
> Stick to ext2. I finally feel like I contributed something to this wonderful
> group, and I am taking all of my boxes back to ext2.

Just because you had one bad experience that happened to involve an ext3
filesystem is no reason to abandon ext3.  Do you have evidence that the
filesystem itself is what caused the corruption?

[snip]

> I still suffer from weird crashes (seems like everyday) on my RedHat 8.0
> boxes. I'll try Geoffrey's tip about the AMD configuration first. I am

Yet you still blame ext3?  It seems more likely that there is either a
problem with your hardware or with your hardware in combination with
RedHat 8.

[snip]

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9